Level 8, Room 15
City CampusRMIT University
Hi! Welcome to my webpage. I am a researcher in machine learning and data science. I also have interests in the areas of social network analysis, dimensionality reduction, itinerary recommendation, integrated optimisation-machine learning approaches and network security.
Contact me if you cannot access a paper or interested in doing research with me. Always happy to discuss and looking for opportunities to supervise or/and collaborate.
I’m recruiting PhD and Honours students. If you are are interested in working with me in one of my areas (see research projects and publications ) and have excellent results, please don’t hesitate in contacting me. There are a number of scholarships (APA, IPRS, RPIS, RPS, VCPS) and funded places available.
My Publications are available here.
Code and datasets are available here.
- Lecturing Social Media and Network Analytics, Sem 1, 2018
- Co-Lecturing Artificial Intelligence, Sem 1, 2017
- Lecturing Algorithms and Analysis, Sem 1, 2017
- Lecturing Algorithms and Analysis, Sem 2, 2016
- Lecturing Algorithms and Analysis, Sem 1, 2016
- Lecturing Algorithms and Analysis, Sem 2, 2015
- Co-lecturing Statistical Machine Learning and Evolutionary Learning, Sem 2, 2013
- Jiaman Ma (PhD) – Smart Traffic / Smart City
- Chaminda Bulumulla (PhD) – Agent-Diffussion modelling simulations
- Wei Shao (PhD) – Spatio-Temporal Analysis
- Yassien Shaalan (PhD) – Learning to Rank Products
- Naif Almusallam (PhD) – Feature Selection in Streams
- Kushani Perera (PhD) – Feature Selection
- You Han Xia (PhD) – Data-Driven Optimisation
- Chen Jin (PhD) – Large population Evolutionary Computing
- Kwan Hui Lim (PhD) – Itinerary Recommendation
- Yediya Juan (MIT) – Matrix Factorisation
- Tanya Srinidhi (Data 61 Summer Intern, 2017)
- Shyamsundar Dorairaj (MCS, 2016)
- Kendall Taylor (Nicta/Data 61 Summer Intern, 2016) – BCS Honours, RMIT University
- Han Yi (PhD, 2016) – Tripalocal & Post-Doctoral Researcher, University of Melbourne
- You Han Xia (MCS, 2015) – PhD, RMIT University
- Akshay Mahajan (MCS, 2015)
- Yichen Li (MIT, 2015) – PhD, University of Melbourne
- Oscar Fabian Correa Guerrero (MCS, 2014) – PhD, University of Melbourne
- Kang Hu (MIT, 2014)
- Zhangyue Cheng (MIT, 2014)
- Bingzan (Lillian) Liang (Intern & MIT, 2013)
- Tian Fang (MIT, 2013)
- Samantha Lam (MPhil, 2013)
- Andrey Kan (PhD, 2012) – Researcher at WEHI, Melbourne
- Erik Aumayr (Intern, 2010) – PhD Candidate at INSIGHT@NUIG, Ireland
- Australian Research Council, Discovery Project, Data driven decision making for complex problems, Co-Chief Investigator, 2017-2019, $498K.
- University of Melbourne, Early Career Researcher Grant, Towards Personalised Analytics of Complex Data, Sole Chief Investigator, 2015, $10K.
- European Research Council, FP7, ROBUST – Risk and Opportunity management of huge-scale BUSiness communiTy cooperation, Post-Doctoral Investigator, 2011-2013, €10.3M.
- Industry Day Co-Chair, IJCAI, 2017
- Co-Organising Chair, RMIT CBNN, 2017
- PhD Forum Co-Chair, ASONAM, 2017
- Co-Organising Chair, RMIT CBNN, 2016
- Co-local Chair, Australasian Database Conference, 2015
- 2018: KDD, IJCAI, PAKDD, ICDM
- 2017: KDD, PAKDD
- 2016: KDD, NIPS, HIS, PAKDD
- 2015: KDD, CIKM, HIS, PAKDD
- 2014: CIKM, AusAI, HIS, IIKI
- 2013: CIKM, AusAI, ICWSM, IIKI
- 2012: ICWSM, AusAI
- TWEB, TKDE, TKDD, TMM, DMKD, KAIS, TDSC, WWWJ, Computer, IJHCS, JNCA, SNAM, JCST, Soft Computing
- IEEE Transactions on Information Forensics and Security